What is bladeless Laser Assisted Refractive Cataract Surgery?
Standard, manual cataract surgery is a complex surgical procedure with an excellent track record for safety. Even in the best of hands there is some variability in how each step is performed.
With bladeless Laser Assisted Refractive Cataract Surgery many of the most challenging steps of cataract surgery are automated and performed with a laser. After a 3-D scan of your eye, a customized surgical plan is designed by your surgeon on a computer screen. Once the specifications for your surgery are programmed, the computer guides the laser to perform each step.
What is the advantage of bladeless Laser Assisted Refractive Cataract Surgery?
The laser can reduce astigmatism and allows for more precise placement of the lens implant. Our patients are excited about the possibility of better vision without glasses after cataract surgery. They are also more relaxed knowing that No Blades are used!
Who is a good candidate for bladeless Laser Assisted Cataract Surgery?
Luckily most patients that need cataract surgery are excellent candidates for this upgrade.
- Blurry, hazy or fuzzy vision.
- A feeling that there is a film over eyes.
- Glare or Halos around headlights and streetlights when driving at night.
- Increased sensitivity to sunlight.
- The loss of the ability to see brightness of colors.
- Frequent changes in eyeglass prescriptions.
- Difficulty with daily activities such as driving, reading or golfing.
You will undergo additional tests. Our doctors will review the results of these test and your vision preferences. A recommendation will be made regarding specialized vision outcomes to determine your qualifications for bladeless Laser Assisted Refractive Cataract Surgery.